"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!"
-- Lucy Van Pelt (Peanuts)

Friday, November 4, 2011


It seems that fall is fully here, and that means no more out door markets in Rittenhouse square for awhile (noooooo).

I perused through my last market of the season a couple of weeks ago and made sure to pick up another box of John & Kira's Chocolates. You may remember I first discovered John and Kira's at the Rittenhouse farmers market earlier this year when I tried their tiny chocolate bumble bees! Their hand crafted chocolates are so delicious and unique, it was hard not to fall in love.

This time I went for a 15 piece assortment of 10 different flavors, and every single one blew me away. I could hardly wait to try what was next, only to find that each one was just as amazing and different as the last. These aren't your average peanut butter filled or odd sugary nougat filled chocolates. The fair trade hand crafted chocolates are each filled with ganaches infused with flavors like Lavender Honey, Bergamot Tea, Coffee Whiskey, and Lemongrass. I know, right.

If I didn't like making food gifts for others around the holidays so much, I'd totally share these with everyone I love. But instead, I'll probably just buy another box for myself!

Check out all the fun for yourself on their website, your mouth will water just reading about the concoctions they've dreamed up even if you don't get anything!


No comments:

Post a Comment