"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!"
-- Lucy Van Pelt (Peanuts)

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Dark Chocolate Mini Peanut Butter and Jam Cups


Happy Valentine's Day! While there are mixed opinions on the day, for me it's always been the best excuse to just indulge in chocolate. Of course.

Today's treat is just that. A chocolate peanut butter cup with the addition of tangy sweet raspberry jam to amp up the love. I gave these out to co-workers and of course my Valentine this year, and they were a big hit all around. What's not to love?

I use small candy cups, not just mini muffin baking cups, but smaller than that. I get mine from Sur la table, but I'm sure they can be found in any general baking store or crafting shop, as well as online.

Happy Valentine's Day!


Dark Chocolate Mini Peanut Butter and Jam Cups

Ingredients

4 Ounces of good quality dark chocolate
2 ounces crunchy peanut butter
2 ounces raspberry jam

makes about 16 - 20 mini cups

Melt the chocolate either using a double boiler or microwave method. Add a small spoonful to the bottom of a baking cup, just enough to cover the bottom. Add a tiny dollop of peanut butter and jam, and flatten with the back of your spoon. Pour a layer of chocolate over the jam and peanut butter, enough to cover and lay flat. Refrigerate until chocolate hardens and enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. These little cups look so cute and so delicious! I love peanut butter and jam together. Yum.

    ReplyDelete