"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!"
-- Lucy Van Pelt (Peanuts)

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Chocolate Month is Here!

The Dunkin' Donuts commercials with Chocolate Addicts protesting February as the month of chocolate make me laugh. "3 more days! 3 more days!" I agree. Chocolate certainly deserves a longer month! There is so much you can do with it!! Well, maybe we can protest later, but for now, it's time to get excited for National Chocolate Month and savor every day that it's here!



What better way to kick off chocolate month than to review a chocolate recipe! I haven't had the time to create one myself, but when I got the February edition of Martha Stewart Living, I didn't really need to! There was a spread of tantalizing chocolate treads in glossy print for me to drool over.. and i just couldn't wait to try this one: The BITTERSWEET CHOCOLATE MOLTEN CAKE.

Moist chocolate cake oozing with dark chocolate filling did not disappoint. If you like chocolate on the bitter side (like I do!) so that you can appreciate the depth of the cocoa flavor, you may want to cut out a tiny bit of the sugar, but not a ton, as the cake is a bit sweet. However, it is also extremely easy to make for your Valentine's night in, for your girlfriends, or um, for yourself. On a Monday night. When you just really need some chocolate cake. Why not?

You fill ramekins greased and dusted with cocoa and bake, just enough so that the center never sets.



When it comes out, just invert your ramekin and dust with powdered sugar if you're so inclined (I was not).




And there you have it. Delicious bittersweet chocolate molten cake. Pretty impressive. Looks like you took hours. But you didn't. Now have your cake and eat it too.

For the full recipe go pay Martha a visit at: http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/molten-bittersweet-chocolate-cake




Happy Chocoloate Month!

No comments:

Post a Comment